As NSW records its 10th day without a new COVID case, the state will relax some Covid-19 restrictions from 12.01 am on Friday.
From 12:01 am Friday 29 January:
- Masks will no longer be mandatory in retail businesses
- Up to 30 people will be allowed to visit a house, and 50 people can attend an outdoor event
- Up to 300 people can now attend weddings, subject to the four-square-metre rule
- No caps on the number of people allowed in hospitality venues and places of worship, as long as people comply with the four-square-metre rule
However, masks will still be mandatory for:
- People on public transport
- Hospitality workers
- People in beauty salons, gaming rooms and places of worship
“We want to encourage people to go about their normal lives as much as possible,” NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said.
Rook Partners look forward to seeing customers return to the Sydney hospitality venues and putting on a smile when they visit our vibrant shopping centres. Looking after our community’s health, Covid-safe procedures will remain in place to ensure customers continue to feel safe.
For more information about the status of COVID-19 in NSW, head to the NSW Health website.